What olive oil to buy?
Olive oil is a basic ingredient in Mediterranean Cuisine that brings your plates to the next level.
In addition, Olive oil has plenty of good properties for the health; one of the main ones is that its regular consumption can reduce heart attacks in approximate 40%.
What should you look at when deciding which brand to buy? The taste. Do not let the price guide your choice, if you buy only thinking about your pocket, you will lose quality and will only save a few euros.
There are four different types of Olive Oil:
- Organic EVOO – Extra Virgin Oilve Oil -> Highest quality
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Oilve Oil -> Medium quality
- Virgin Olive oil -> Still adequate quality
- Regular olive oils – Low quality
Olive Oil quality depends on two main factors:
- Olive fruit quality
- Elaboration process speed, the quickest the process the highest quality
We chose Organic EVOO La Casona because it assures above both factors to the highest quality: its olives are carefully selected and process does take only 5 hours between the harvest and the oil preparation!